Detailed Info of IX-90347-2DUF050N-7 Wheel Hub Assembly
The Installation attention of Wheel Hub
Please pay attention to the following items during the use and installation of the wheel hub bearing:
1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the wheel hub bearing regardless of the age of the car – pay attention to whether the bearing has early warning signs of wear, including any frictional noise while rotating or an improper deceleration of the suspension combination wheel at the turn. For rear-wheel-drive vehicles, it is recommended to lubricate the front wheel hub bearings when the vehicle travels to 38,000 km. When replacing the brake system, it also should check the bearings and replace the oil seal.
2. If you hear the noise from the bearing parts of the wheel hub, first of all, it is important to find the location where the noise occurs. There are many moving parts that may produce noise, or some rotating parts may come into contact with the non-rotating parts. If it is confirmed that the noise is in the bearing, the bearing may be damaged and needs to be replaced.
3. Because the front hub causes the working conditions of the bearings on both sides to be similar, it is recommended to replace them in pairs even if only one bearing is broken.
4. The wheel hub bearing is more sensitive, so it needs to use the correct method and the right tool in any case. The components of the bearing must not be damaged during storage and installation. Some bearings require a large pressure to press in, so special tools are required. Be sure to refer to the car manufacturer's instructions.
5. When installing the bearing, it should be in a clean and tidy environment, because the fine particles entering the bearing will also shorten the service life of the bearing. Thus, it is very important to keep the environment clean when replacing bearings, which is not allowed to hit the bearing with a hoe and should pay attention to the bearing not to fall to the ground (or similarly improper handling). The condition of the shaft and housing should also be checked before installation as even minor wear can cause poor fit and cause early failure of the bearing.
6. For the wheel hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the wheel hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise, the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Even the raceways of the seal ring and the inner ring are damaged, it will result in permanent failure of the bearing.
7. The seal ring equipped with the ABS device bearing contains a magnetic thrust ring, which can not be subject to collision, impact or collision with other magnetic fields. It should be removed from the box before installation and kept them away from magnetic fields, such as using the electric motors or power tools. When installing these bearings, the ABS alarm pin on the instrument panel should be observed through the road condition test to change the operation of the bearing.
8. For the wheel hub bearing equipped with the ABS magnetic thrust ring, in order to determine which side of the thrust ring is mounted, a light and small thing can be used near the edge of the bearing, and the magnetic force generated by the bearing will attract it. When installing, point the side with the magnetic thrust ring to the inside, facing the sensitive component of the ABS. Note: Improper installation may result in malfunction of the brake system.
9. Many bearings are sealed which do not require grease throughout their life. Other unsealed bearings such as double row tapered roller bearings must be greased during installation. Because the inner cavity of the bearing is different in size, it is difficult to determine how much grease to add. The most important thing is to ensure that there is grease in the bearing. If the grease is too much, when the bearing rotates, the excess grease will seep out. General experience: When installing, the total amount of grease should account for 50% of the bearing clearance.
10. When installing the lock nut, the torque varies greatly depending on the bearing type and the bearing housing. Please note the relevant instructions.