What is a Wheel Bearing?
A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of vehicles, from bicycles to aircraft and cars. On a car, a wheel bearing rides on a metal axle shaft and fits tightly inside the hub, which is a hollow chunk of metal at the center of the wheel. The hub holds the lug bolts that you use to bolt the tire onto the wheel. The wheel bearing is pressed into the hub from the back.Wheel bearings allow wheels to rotate easily with minimized friction between the wheels and the axles to which the wheels are attached. This makes the motion more efficient, meaning less effort is required to rotate the wheels and less heat is generated.
- May 7, 2019This paper takes the hydraulically driven VVT system used in most of the production models in the Chinese automoblie market as an example:VVT System SchematicThe VVT system in the above figure mainly ...view
- May 7, 2019The development of wheel hubThe largest number of wheel hub bearings for cars used in the past was the use of single row tapered roller or ball bearings in pairs. With the development of technology, c...view
- May 7, 2019The engine drives the water pump bearing and the impeller through the pulley. The coolant in the water pump is rotated by the impeller, and is deflected by the centrifugal force to the edge of the wat...view
- May 7, 2019There is noise in the wheel bearings of the car. This seemingly impossible fault does exist in reality. Let's discuss it together.Fault phenomenonWhen one of the four wheel bearings of the vehicle is ...view
- May 7, 20191. For the wheel hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the wheel hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Ev...view
- May 7, 2019First, the rounded corners of the crankshaft journal are too small.When grinding the crankshaft, the grinder fails to properly control the shaft fillet of the crankshaft. In addition to the rough mach...view