What is a Wheel Bearing?
A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of vehicles, from bicycles to aircraft and cars. On a car, a wheel bearing rides on a metal axle shaft and fits tightly inside the hub, which is a hollow chunk of metal at the center of the wheel. The hub holds the lug bolts that you use to bolt the tire onto the wheel. The wheel bearing is pressed into the hub from the back.Wheel bearings allow wheels to rotate easily with minimized friction between the wheels and the axles to which the wheels are attached. This makes the motion more efficient, meaning less effort is required to rotate the wheels and less heat is generated.
- May 7, 20191. Don't drive at high speed for a long time: The car has an economic speed. High-speed driving increases air resistance and increases fuel consumption.2. Regularly strengthen the maintenance: The whe...view
- May 7, 2019The clutch release bearing is generally composed of an angular contact ball bearing, a bearing seat (or a sliding seat) and their couplings. If the clutch release lever, the lever damper, the duct, an...view
- May 15, 2019In the use and installation of wheel hub assembly bearing, please pay attention to the following matters:1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check t...view
- May 15, 2019To avoid the scars of wheel hub assembly, it is needed to rinse the rim frequently at the beginning of using the car. The car you drive every day, you should rinse the rim of which every week. First w...view
- May 7, 2019The separation bearing is subjected to axial load, impact load and radial centrifugal force during high-speed rotation during use, and since the fork thrust and the reaction force of the separation le...view
- June 30, 2018A Drive Belt Tensioner is a pulley mounted to either a spring mechanism or to an adjustable pivot point that is used to keep constant tension on the serpentine belt. That is the big long belt in the f...view