What is a Wheel Bearing?
A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of vehicles, from bicycles to aircraft and cars. On a car, a wheel bearing rides on a metal axle shaft and fits tightly inside the hub, which is a hollow chunk of metal at the center of the wheel. The hub holds the lug bolts that you use to bolt the tire onto the wheel. The wheel bearing is pressed into the hub from the back.Wheel bearings allow wheels to rotate easily with minimized friction between the wheels and the axles to which the wheels are attached. This makes the motion more efficient, meaning less effort is required to rotate the wheels and less heat is generated.
- May 7, 2019The ultimate goal of the VVT system is to achieve real-time adjustment and control of camshaft timing. Like other control systems, the most critical technical features are as follows:(1) Response spee...view
- May 15, 2019In the use and installation of wheel hub assembly bearing, please pay attention to the following matters:1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check t...view
- May 15, 2019A Cadillac fleetwood is a giant car from 1993. Its old American style under the neon lights of the night in modern cities have a feeling of detachment and freedom of jungle.US luxury is the extreme re...view
- May 15, 2019The wheel hub assembly is the part that must be taken into consideration when choosing a car. For the ordinary users, is it necessary to pursue the larger wheel hub assembly? In my opinion, it is grea...view
- May 15, 2019There are three manufacturing methods for aluminum alloy wheel hub assembly: gravity casting, forging and low-pressure precision casting.1.Gravity casting. The aluminum alloy solution is poured into t...view
- May 7, 20191. For the wheel hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the wheel hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Ev...view