What is a Wheel Bearing?
A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of vehicles, from bicycles to aircraft and cars. On a car, a wheel bearing rides on a metal axle shaft and fits tightly inside the hub, which is a hollow chunk of metal at the center of the wheel. The hub holds the lug bolts that you use to bolt the tire onto the wheel. The wheel bearing is pressed into the hub from the back.Wheel bearings allow wheels to rotate easily with minimized friction between the wheels and the axles to which the wheels are attached. This makes the motion more efficient, meaning less effort is required to rotate the wheels and less heat is generated.
- May 7, 2019The clutch release bearing is a relatively important part of the car. If the maintenance is not good, it will cause economic loss, and it takes a lot of labor to disassemble it once. Therefore, unders...view
- May 7, 2019The following takes the truck bearing as an example to introduce the bearing composition of each department. The bearings on the truck can be roughly divided into the powertrain part, the transmission...view
- May 15, 2019In the use and installation of wheel hub assembly bearing, please pay attention to the following matters:1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check t...view
- May 15, 2019Wheel hub assembly bearing of the car was single row taper roller or ball bearing in pairs in the past.With the development of technology, car wheel hub assembly unit has been widely used in car. The ...view
- May 7, 2019In order to better explain the working process of the VVT system, the following takes the intake VVT as an example to summarize the three most basic working processes:1. Reference position: The duty c...view
- May 7, 2019Generally speaking, the axle journal diameter is below 80mm, the crankshaft with the roundness and cylindricity error exceeds 0.025mm; or the axle journal diameter is above 80mm, the crankshaft with r...view