What is a Wheel Bearing?
A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of vehicles, from bicycles to aircraft and cars. On a car, a wheel bearing rides on a metal axle shaft and fits tightly inside the hub, which is a hollow chunk of metal at the center of the wheel. The hub holds the lug bolts that you use to bolt the tire onto the wheel. The wheel bearing is pressed into the hub from the back.Wheel bearings allow wheels to rotate easily with minimized friction between the wheels and the axles to which the wheels are attached. This makes the motion more efficient, meaning less effort is required to rotate the wheels and less heat is generated.
- May 7, 2019The wheel hub assembly is an important step in the car modification. Whether it is appearance modification or improved handling performance, the wheel has played an important role in it. After the rig...view
- May 7, 2019The automobile wheel hub assembly is mainly made of a brake hub connecting the inner and outer rings of the screw nut bearing, which is an important component of the automobile axle. Therefore, in ord...view
- May 7, 2019Please pay attention to the following items during the use and installation of the wheel hub bearing:1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the w...view
- May 7, 2019Each of the mainstream models on the market is divided into high and low levels, and the price naturally varies greatly. Sometimes, in order to make it cheap, the configuration can be tolerated. But f...view
- May 15, 2019The following situations do harm to your health.1.The right wheel hub assembly is not properly selected.The wheel hub assembly plays a significant role in improving the appearance, but every detail sh...view
- May 7, 20191. Don't drive at high speed for a long time: The car has an economic speed. High-speed driving increases air resistance and increases fuel consumption.2. Regularly strengthen the maintenance: The whe...view