What is a Wheel Bearing?
A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of vehicles, from bicycles to aircraft and cars. On a car, a wheel bearing rides on a metal axle shaft and fits tightly inside the hub, which is a hollow chunk of metal at the center of the wheel. The hub holds the lug bolts that you use to bolt the tire onto the wheel. The wheel bearing is pressed into the hub from the back.Wheel bearings allow wheels to rotate easily with minimized friction between the wheels and the axles to which the wheels are attached. This makes the motion more efficient, meaning less effort is required to rotate the wheels and less heat is generated.
- May 7, 2019The automobile wheel hub assembly is mainly made of a brake hub connecting the inner and outer rings of the screw nut bearing, which is an important component of the automobile axle. Therefore, in ord...view
- May 15, 2019The way of production and processing are different, so the characteristics of use are completely different. Cast wheel hub assembly is made in this way: molten aluminum is poured into a sand mold and ...view
- June 30, 2018A Drive Belt Tensioner is a pulley mounted to either a spring mechanism or to an adjustable pivot point that is used to keep constant tension on the serpentine belt. That is the big long belt in the f...view
- May 7, 2019The wheel hub assembly is an important step in the car modification. Whether it is appearance modification or improved handling performance, the wheel has played an important role in it. After the rig...view
- May 15, 2019Wheel hub assembly bearing of the car was single row taper roller or ball bearing in pairs in the past.With the development of technology, car wheel hub assembly unit has been widely used in car. The ...view
- May 15, 2019The maintenance of the wheel hub assembly is a point that should be paid attention to when you maintain the vehicle. It affects the appearance and movement of the vehicle. There are many kinds of allo...view