The Working Process of VVT system
In order to better explain the working process of the VVT system, the following takes the intake VVT as an example to summarize the three most basic working processes:
1. Reference position: The duty cycle of the PWM signal input to the OCV is usually 0%, and the spool does not move. The oil pressure in the oil chamber on the right side of the phaser is greater than the oil pressure in the oil chamber on the left side and the left side of the blade abuts against the stator shoulder, so that there is no relative rotation between the rotor and the stator, and the camshaft is not adjusted relative to the crankshaft timing. Usually, the intake VVT reference position is the intake valve phase lag position, that is, the intake valve lag opens and closes.
2. Working position: The duty ratio of the PWM signal input to the OCV is gradually increased, the spool moves to the farthest position, and the pressure of the left oil chamber in the phaser is gradually increased. After unlocking, when the pressure in the left oil chamber is greater than the pressure in the right oil chamber and overcomes the friction torque of the camshaft as well as the internal friction torque of the phaser, the rotor rotates clockwise relative to the stator, and the cam axial timing advances direction adjustment, that is, the intake valve will open and close in advance.
3. Stable position, also called control position: After the rotor rotates clockwise relative to the stator, the duty cycle of the input OCV PWM signal is about 50%. The oil chamber on both the left and right sides of the phaser is simultaneously supplied with oil, and the rotor and stator will remain in this relative position. Usually, after VVT intervention adjustment, most of the time works at a dynamic stable position at a certain angle.
- May 15, 2019As we all know, the BMW 5 series is a medium and large luxury car owned by BMW brilliance. It is also one of the most advanced high-end luxury cars produced in China so far. It has a relatively high m...view
- May 7, 2019Wheel hub bearings are a simple but important automotive component that allows the wheels to rotate freely.Bad hub bearings should be replaced before it can be used to avoid damage to the car and dama...view
- May 7, 20191. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the wheel hub bearing regardless of the age of the car – pay attention to whether the bearing has early w...view
- May 7, 2019In the cylinder block of the automobile engine, there are a plurality of water passages for circulating cooling water, and a radiator (commonly called a water tank) placed at the front of the automobi...view
- May 7, 2019The automobile wheel hub assembly is mainly made of a brake hub connecting the inner and outer rings of the screw nut bearing, which is an important component of the automobile axle. Therefore, in ord...view
- May 7, 2019When one of the four wheel bearings of the vehicle is damaged, you will hear a continuous hum in the car while driving. This sound is unclear where it came from. I feel that the entire car is full of ...view