The Working Principle of Car Water Pump
The engine drives the water pump bearing and the impeller through the pulley. The coolant in the water pump is rotated by the impeller, and is deflected by the centrifugal force to the edge of the water pump casing, and generates a certain pressure, and then flows out from the water outlet or the water pipe. The pressure at the center of the impeller is reduced due to the coolant being pumped out, and the coolant in the water tank is sucked into the impeller through the water pipe under the pressure difference between the pump inlet and the impeller center to realize the reciprocating circulation of the coolant.
The bearings that support the water pump shaft are lubricated with grease, so prevent the coolant from leaking into the grease and emulsification of the grease, while also preventing grease leakage. Sealing measures for water pumps to prevent leakage are water seals and gaskets. The water-sealed sealing ring and the shaft are mounted between the impeller and the bearing through an interference fit, and the water-sealed static sealing seat is tightly pressed on the casing of the water pump to achieve the purpose of sealing the coolant.
The pump housing is connected to the engine through a gasket and supports moving parts such as bearings. There is also a drain hole on the water pump housing between the water seal and the bearing. Once coolant has leaked through the water seal, it can escape from the drain hole to prevent coolant from entering the bearing chamber and damaging the bearing lubrication and causing corrosion of the part.
- May 7, 20191. Don't drive at high speed for a long time: The car has an economic speed. High-speed driving increases air resistance and increases fuel consumption.2. Regularly strengthen the maintenance: The whe...view
- May 15, 2019It is very cold in snowy winter but people still look for it. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery. It was pleasant and cheerful. But it is troublesome for people who have to go out, especially those w...view
- May 7, 2019Fault phenomenon:When the engine is running at an idle speed, the "click" sound can be clearly heard at the clutch release bearing.Failure analysis:During the engine idling, there is a noticeable "cli...view
- May 7, 20191. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the wheel hub bearing regardless of the age of the car – pay attention to whether the bearing has early w...view
- May 15, 2019Wheel hub assembly bearing of the car was single row taper roller or ball bearing in pairs in the past.With the development of technology, car wheel hub assembly unit has been widely used in car. The ...view
- May 15, 2019When there are stains difficult to remove on the surface of the wheel hub assembly, you should choose a professional cleaner to reduce damage to aluminum alloy surfaces. In addition, there is a layer ...view