The Working Principle of Car Water Pump
The engine drives the water pump bearing and the impeller through the pulley. The coolant in the water pump is rotated by the impeller, and is deflected by the centrifugal force to the edge of the water pump casing, and generates a certain pressure, and then flows out from the water outlet or the water pipe. The pressure at the center of the impeller is reduced due to the coolant being pumped out, and the coolant in the water tank is sucked into the impeller through the water pipe under the pressure difference between the pump inlet and the impeller center to realize the reciprocating circulation of the coolant.
The bearings that support the water pump shaft are lubricated with grease, so prevent the coolant from leaking into the grease and emulsification of the grease, while also preventing grease leakage. Sealing measures for water pumps to prevent leakage are water seals and gaskets. The water-sealed sealing ring and the shaft are mounted between the impeller and the bearing through an interference fit, and the water-sealed static sealing seat is tightly pressed on the casing of the water pump to achieve the purpose of sealing the coolant.
The pump housing is connected to the engine through a gasket and supports moving parts such as bearings. There is also a drain hole on the water pump housing between the water seal and the bearing. Once coolant has leaked through the water seal, it can escape from the drain hole to prevent coolant from entering the bearing chamber and damaging the bearing lubrication and causing corrosion of the part.
- May 15, 2019A hub contains many parameters, and each of these parameters will affect the use of the vehicle, so before you modify and maintain the wheel hub assembly, it is necessary to confirm these parameters.S...view
- May 7, 20191. For the wheel hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the wheel hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Ev...view
- May 7, 2019Each of the mainstream models on the market is divided into high and low levels, and the price naturally varies greatly. Sometimes, in order to make it cheap, the configuration can be tolerated. But f...view
- May 7, 2019There is noise in the wheel bearings of the car. This seemingly impossible fault does exist in reality. Let's discuss it together.Fault phenomenonWhen one of the four wheel bearings of the vehicle is ...view
- May 7, 20191. Don't drive at high speed for a long time: The car has an economic speed. High-speed driving increases air resistance and increases fuel consumption.2. Regularly strengthen the maintenance: The whe...view
- May 7, 2019Generally speaking, the axle journal diameter is below 80mm, the crankshaft with the roundness and cylindricity error exceeds 0.025mm; or the axle journal diameter is above 80mm, the crankshaft with r...view