The Working Principle of Car Water Pump
The engine drives the water pump bearing and the impeller through the pulley. The coolant in the water pump is rotated by the impeller, and is deflected by the centrifugal force to the edge of the water pump casing, and generates a certain pressure, and then flows out from the water outlet or the water pipe. The pressure at the center of the impeller is reduced due to the coolant being pumped out, and the coolant in the water tank is sucked into the impeller through the water pipe under the pressure difference between the pump inlet and the impeller center to realize the reciprocating circulation of the coolant.
The bearings that support the water pump shaft are lubricated with grease, so prevent the coolant from leaking into the grease and emulsification of the grease, while also preventing grease leakage. Sealing measures for water pumps to prevent leakage are water seals and gaskets. The water-sealed sealing ring and the shaft are mounted between the impeller and the bearing through an interference fit, and the water-sealed static sealing seat is tightly pressed on the casing of the water pump to achieve the purpose of sealing the coolant.
The pump housing is connected to the engine through a gasket and supports moving parts such as bearings. There is also a drain hole on the water pump housing between the water seal and the bearing. Once coolant has leaked through the water seal, it can escape from the drain hole to prevent coolant from entering the bearing chamber and damaging the bearing lubrication and causing corrosion of the part.
- May 7, 2019The main function of the wheel bearing is to load and provide precise guidance for the rotation of the hub. It is both an axial load and a radial load and is a very important component. Conventional a...view
- May 7, 2019The clutch release bearing seal has a unique variable contact design. It allows for maximum speed under maximum load. It is resistant to wear, has a long life and minimizes noise and vibration. In add...view
- May 7, 2019In order to better explain the working process of the VVT system, the following takes the intake VVT as an example to summarize the three most basic working processes:1. Reference position: The duty c...view
- May 15, 2019The following situations do harm to your health.1.The right wheel hub assembly is not properly selected.The wheel hub assembly plays a significant role in improving the appearance, but every detail sh...view
- May 7, 20191.Wheel bearing is sensitive. In any case, the right approach and the right tools are needed. The components of the bearing must not be damaged during storage and installation. Some bearings require a...view
- May 7, 2019During the use of the clutch, due to the continuous wear of the parts, especially the wear of the friction plates on the clutch disc, the gap between the separation lever and the end face of the clutc...view