Daily Maintenance of the Wheel Hub
The aluminum alloy wheel hub has won the favor of more and more private car owners with its beautiful appearance, safety and comfort. Almost all new models use aluminum alloy wheel hubs, and many owners have replaced the original steel wheel hubs with aluminum alloy wheel hubs. In there, we will introduce the maintenance methods of aluminum alloy wheel hubs:
1. When the temperature of the wheel hub is high, it should be naturally cooled before cleaning. Never use cold water for cleaning, otherwise, the aluminum alloy wheel hub will be damaged, and even the brake disc will be deformed to affect the braking effect. In addition, cleaning the aluminum alloy wheel hubs with a cleaning agent at a high temperature will cause a chemical reaction on the surface of the hub, which loses luster and affects the appearance.
2. When the wheel hub is covered with tar that is difficult to remove, if the general cleaning agent does not help, you can use a brush to try to remove it. Here, introduce the remedy for removing the tar to the private car owners: that is, using the medicinal “active oil”to wipe, maybe you can get unexpected results, and you could have a try.
3. If the vehicle is wet, the wheel hub should be cleaned to avoid corrosion of the aluminum surface.
4. After cleaning, if necessary, the wheel hub can be waxed and maintained to keep its gloss forever.
When there are stains on the surface of the wheel hub that are difficult to remove, it should use a professional cleaning agent that tends to remove stains gently and effectively, which could reduce the damage to the aluminum alloy surface. In addition, there is a metal protective film on the wheel hub itself, so pay special attention to the use of paint brighteners or other abrasive materials. Care should also be taken during driving to avoid scratching the wheel hub caused by scratches. Once scratches or deformations, they should be repaired and repainted as soon as possible. But if it has the scratches, how to fix ? There are six steps in the specific steps of repairing:
The first step, check the scars. If not injured to the inside of the hub, you can simply repair it, using the paint dilution, wiping the scar around, and removing the dirt;
The second step, For the deepest part of the scratch is difficult to remove the dirt, it can be thoroughly cleaned with a toothpick.
The third step: In order to prevent the unrelated part from being painted, you shoulf carefully stick the adhesive tape around the scar.
The fourth step: Finish the tip of the brush and apply a finishing lacquer.
The fifth step: After painting, when it is completely dried, then you can apply with soapy water on the water-resistant paper to make the surface smooth.
The sixth step: After rubbing with water-resistant paper, the mixture is wiped out with light, and then waxed.
If you encounter deep scars, the focus is on observing whether the metal surface is exposed. If you can't see the metal surface, it will not rust. You can concentrate on the lacquer. Use a pen tip to pick up the spot and wait until the paint is completely dry. Besides, in order to avoid this phenomenon, the car should be diligently flushing the rim when it is first used. The vehicle that is driven every day should wash the rim at least once a week. After flushing with clean water, brush it with a detergent. Then rinse with plenty of water. Daily maintenance is also essential. When the temperature of the wheel hub is high, it should be naturally cooled before cleaning. Never use cold water to clean it; otherwise, the aluminum alloy wheel hubs will be damaged or even deformed and affect the braking effect. In addition, cleaning the aluminum platform gold hub with a cleaning agent at high temperatures will cause a chemical reaction on the surface of the wheel hub, which will lose its luster and affect the appearance. When the wheel hub is covered with hard-to-remove tar, if the general cleaning agent does not help, you can try to remove it with a brush, but do not use a hard brush, especially an iron brush, which is to avoid damaging the hub surface. At present, some experts have also introduced a remedy for removing tar: that is, using medicinal "active oil" to rub, maybe you can get unexpected results, and car owners may wish to give it a try. In addition, when the vehicle is located close to the waterfront, the wheel hub should be cleaned to avoid corrosion of the aluminum surface by salt.
- May 15, 2019Many car owners will regularly wash the car, they may find some black stains that is difficult to clean on the wheel hub assembly after washing. Some net friend said it is easily removed by toilet cle...view
- May 7, 20191. For the wheel hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the wheel hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Ev...view
- May 7, 2019The most common wheel bearings for cars used in the past were the use of single row tapered roller or ball bearings. With the development of technology, car hub units have been widely used in cars. Th...view
- May 7, 2019The automobile wheel hub assembly is mainly made of a brake hub connecting the inner and outer rings of the screw nut bearing, which is an important component of the automobile axle. Therefore, in ord...view
- May 15, 2019The way of production and processing are different, so the characteristics of use are completely different. Cast wheel hub assembly is made in this way: molten aluminum is poured into a sand mold and ...view
- June 30, 2018A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of ve...view