Causes of Damage to the Clutch Release Bearing
The separation bearing is subjected to axial load, impact load and radial centrifugal force during high-speed rotation during use, and since the fork thrust and the reaction force of the separation lever are not on the same line, a torsional moment is formed, all of which causing the clutch release bearing has poor working conditions, intermittently rotates at high speed and withstands high-speed friction, high temperature, poor lubrication conditions, and no cooling conditions.
Causes of damage to the clutch release bearing The damage of the clutch release bearing is closely related to the driver's operation, maintenance and adjustment. The causes of the damage are as follows:
First, excessive operating temperature causes overheating
Many drivers often turn the clutch halfway when turning or decelerating, and some are mounted on the clutch pedal. Some vehicles' free travel adjustment is too large, which makes the clutch release incomplete, in a semi-engaged and semi-detached state. This dry friction causes a large amount of heat to be transmitted to the release bearing. In addition, the bearing is heated to a certain temperature, and the butter melts or dilutes the flow, so that the temperature of the separation bearing is further increased, and when the temperature reaches a certain level, it burns out.
Second, lack of lubricant causes wear
The clutch release bearing is lubricated with butter. There are two ways to add the butter. For the 360111 release bearing, the rear cover of the bearing should be opened and filled with grease during maintenance or when the transmission is removed, and then the rear cover should be reinstalled. For the 788611K release bearing, it can be removed and placed in the molten grease for digesting, and then taken out after cooling to achieve the purpose of lubrication. However, in actual work, the driver easily overlooks this point, resulting in lack of oil in the clutch release bearing. The amount of wear of the release bearing in the case of no lubrication or less lubrication is often several to several tens of times the amount of wear after lubrication. As the wear increases, the temperature will also increase greatly, which makes it more susceptible to damage.
Third, free travel is too small or too many loads
According to the requirements, the gap between the general clutch release bearing and the disengaging lever is 2.5mm, which reflects he free travel on the clutch pedal is 30-40mm. Because the free travel is too small or there is no free travel at all, will make the disengaging lever and the release bearing is in a normally engaged state. According to the principle of fatigue failure, the longer the bearing working time, the more serious the damage; the more the number of loads, the more likely the release bearing is to cause fatigue damage. Moreover, the longer the working time, the higher the temperature of the bearing, and the easier it is to burn, reducing the service life of the separation bearing.
In addition to the above three reasons, whether the disengaging lever is adjusted flat or not, whether the release bearing return spring is good or not, has a great influence on the damage of the clutch release bearing.
- May 7, 2019The clutch release bearing seal has a unique variable contact design. It allows for maximum speed under maximum load. It is resistant to wear, has a long life and minimizes noise and vibration. In add...view
- May 7, 2019The main function of the wheel bearing is to load and provide precise guidance for the rotation of the hub. It is both an axial load and a radial load and is a very important component. Conventional a...view
- May 15, 2019There are three factors to be taken into consideration when you choose the wheel hub assembly.Size. Do not increase the size of the wheel hub assembly blindly. Some people increase the size of wheel h...view
- May 15, 2019The way of production and processing are different, so the characteristics of use are completely different. Cast wheel hub assembly is made in this way: molten aluminum is poured into a sand mold and ...view
- May 7, 2019Fault phenomenon:When the engine is running at an idle speed, the "click" sound can be clearly heard at the clutch release bearing.Failure analysis:During the engine idling, there is a noticeable "cli...view
- May 7, 2019The VVT system's OCV valve is a proportional valve, that is, the movement position of the spool is proportional to the PWM duty ratio provided by the ECU of the engine to the OCV coil. When the duty r...view