Causes of Damage to the Clutch Release Bearing
The separation bearing is subjected to axial load, impact load and radial centrifugal force during high-speed rotation during use, and since the fork thrust and the reaction force of the separation lever are not on the same line, a torsional moment is formed, all of which causing the clutch release bearing has poor working conditions, intermittently rotates at high speed and withstands high-speed friction, high temperature, poor lubrication conditions, and no cooling conditions.
Causes of damage to the clutch release bearing The damage of the clutch release bearing is closely related to the driver's operation, maintenance and adjustment. The causes of the damage are as follows:
First, excessive operating temperature causes overheating
Many drivers often turn the clutch halfway when turning or decelerating, and some are mounted on the clutch pedal. Some vehicles' free travel adjustment is too large, which makes the clutch release incomplete, in a semi-engaged and semi-detached state. This dry friction causes a large amount of heat to be transmitted to the release bearing. In addition, the bearing is heated to a certain temperature, and the butter melts or dilutes the flow, so that the temperature of the separation bearing is further increased, and when the temperature reaches a certain level, it burns out.
Second, lack of lubricant causes wear
The clutch release bearing is lubricated with butter. There are two ways to add the butter. For the 360111 release bearing, the rear cover of the bearing should be opened and filled with grease during maintenance or when the transmission is removed, and then the rear cover should be reinstalled. For the 788611K release bearing, it can be removed and placed in the molten grease for digesting, and then taken out after cooling to achieve the purpose of lubrication. However, in actual work, the driver easily overlooks this point, resulting in lack of oil in the clutch release bearing. The amount of wear of the release bearing in the case of no lubrication or less lubrication is often several to several tens of times the amount of wear after lubrication. As the wear increases, the temperature will also increase greatly, which makes it more susceptible to damage.
Third, free travel is too small or too many loads
According to the requirements, the gap between the general clutch release bearing and the disengaging lever is 2.5mm, which reflects he free travel on the clutch pedal is 30-40mm. Because the free travel is too small or there is no free travel at all, will make the disengaging lever and the release bearing is in a normally engaged state. According to the principle of fatigue failure, the longer the bearing working time, the more serious the damage; the more the number of loads, the more likely the release bearing is to cause fatigue damage. Moreover, the longer the working time, the higher the temperature of the bearing, and the easier it is to burn, reducing the service life of the separation bearing.
In addition to the above three reasons, whether the disengaging lever is adjusted flat or not, whether the release bearing return spring is good or not, has a great influence on the damage of the clutch release bearing.
- May 7, 2019This paper takes the hydraulically driven VVT system used in most of the production models in the Chinese automoblie market as an example:VVT System SchematicThe VVT system in the above figure mainly ...view
- May 7, 20191.Wheel bearing is sensitive. In any case, the right approach and the right tools are needed. The components of the bearing must not be damaged during storage and installation. Some bearings require a...view
- May 7, 2019The wheel hub assembly is an important step in the car modification. Whether it is appearance modification or improved handling performance, the wheel has played an important role in it. After the rig...view
- May 7, 20191. For the wheel hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the wheel hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Ev...view
- May 7, 2019The VVT system's OCV valve is a proportional valve, that is, the movement position of the spool is proportional to the PWM duty ratio provided by the ECU of the engine to the OCV coil. When the duty r...view
- May 15, 2019It is very cold in snowy winter but people still look for it. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery. It was pleasant and cheerful. But it is troublesome for people who have to go out, especially those w...view