Bearings in Various Parts of the Car
The following takes the truck bearing as an example to introduce the bearing composition of each department. The bearings on the truck can be roughly divided into the powertrain part, the transmission system part, and the other parts.
In the powertrain part mainly for the engine and clutch components, the most common crankshaft bearings, connecting rod bearings are sliding bearings. Among the turbochargers are thrust bearings and floating bearings that are supported by the turbine axle. The most common clutch is the clutch release bearing. The release bearing is mounted between the clutch and the transmission, and the shoulder of the clutch release bearing is always pressed against the separation fork by the return spring and retracted to the final position.
The current structure of wheel bearings is usually a split two-disc radial thrust roller bearing. Its main role is to load and provide precise guidance for the rotation of the hub. It is both an axial load and a radial load and is a very important component. Traditional automotive wheel bearings are made up of two sets of tapered roller bearings or ball bearings.
Mechanical structures that use a ball joint to achieve power transmission of different shafts are universal bearings. In order to withstand the great axial force inside the final reducer, the rear axle main reduction bearing, as well as the half shaft bearing and the front and rear axle bearings are used. They are all inseparable parts of the drive train.
Other parts, such as air-conditioning compressor combination bearings in the engine compartment, shifting gears in the steering system of the vehicle to shifting gears in the transmission system, are mostly rolling bearings and plain bearings. Bearings are numerous on trucks and are very versatile.
Other parts bearing
As a bearing such a part, the volume is small but the use is very large. A wide variety of bearing parts play a huge role in trucks. Sometimes the car is gradually damaged due to a small bearing. So bearings are the most common parts in cars, but it is necessary to be familiar with them.
- June 30, 2018A Drive Belt Tensioner is a pulley mounted to either a spring mechanism or to an adjustable pivot point that is used to keep constant tension on the serpentine belt. That is the big long belt in the f...view
- May 15, 2019To avoid the scars of wheel hub assembly, it is needed to rinse the rim frequently at the beginning of using the car. The car you drive every day, you should rinse the rim of which every week. First w...view
- May 7, 2019Fault phenomenon:When the engine is running at an idle speed, the "click" sound can be clearly heard at the clutch release bearing.Failure analysis:During the engine idling, there is a noticeable "cli...view
- June 30, 2018A wheel bearing is a set of steel balls or tapered rollers held together by a metal ring called a race. They help wheels spin fast with as little friction as possible. They are used on all kinds of ve...view
- May 7, 2019The main function of the wheel bearing is to load and provide precise guidance for the rotation of the hub. It is both an axial load and a radial load and is a very important component. Conventional a...view
- May 7, 2019There is noise in the wheel bearings of the car. This seemingly impossible fault does exist in reality. Let's discuss it together.Fault phenomenonWhen one of the four wheel bearings of the vehicle is ...view