In the use and installation of wheel hub assembly bearing, please pay attention to the following matters:
1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the bearings of the wheel hub assembly
, no matter how old the car is——pay attention to whether the bearing has the early warning of abrasion, which includes any friction noise during rotation or abnormal deceleration of the suspension wheel during turning. For rear-wheel-driven vehicles, it is recommended that the front hub bearing should be lubricated when the vehicle reaches 38,000 km. When replacing the brake system, check the bearings and replace the oil seals.
2. If you hear the noise of bearing of the wheel hub assembly, it is important to find where the noise is from at first. There are many moving parts that may produce noise, or some rotating parts may come into contact with non-rotating parts. It it is from the bearing, the bearing may be damaged and need to be replaced.
3. The wheel hub assembly bearing is sensitive. The right approach and the right tools are needed in all cases. Bearing parts can not be damaged during storage, transportation and installation. Some bearings require greater pressure, so special tools are required. You have to refer to automobile manufacturing instructions.
4. Install the bearing in a clean and tidy environment. Fine particle in the bearing will also shorten the service life of the bearing. It is important to maintain a clean environment when replacing bearings. It is not allow to strike with the hammer. Be careful not to drop the bearing to the ground. The condition of the shaft and the bearing housing should also be checked before installation. Even minor wear and tear can lead to poor fit and early failure of the bearing.
5. Do not attempt to disassemble the hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit to the wheel hub assembly bearing unit or it will damage the sealing ring to cause the entry of water or dust. Even the raceway of the seal ring and inner ring are damaged, resulting in permanent failure of the bearing.
6. There is a magnetic thrust ring in the sealing ring of the bearing with ABS device. Remove them from the box before installation and keep them away from magnetic fields such as using the motors or power tools. When these bearings are installed, the operation of the bearings is changed by observing the ABS alarm needle on the instrument panel through the road condition test.
7. To make sure of the installation location of the thrust ring of wheel hub assembly bearing with ABS magnetic thrust ring, you can make a light object near the edge of the bearing and the magnetic force produced by the bearing will hold it. When installing, make one side of the magnetic thrust ring inward and toward ABS sensor.
8. Many bearings are sealed and it is not required grease for the entire life of these kinds of bearing. Other unsealed bearings such as double row tapered roller bearings must be greased for installation. It is difficult to decide how much grease to add because of the different size of the inner cavity of the bearing. It is important to ensure that the bearings contain grease. If there is too much grease, the excess grease will seep out as the bearing turns. General experience: in the process of installation, the total amount of grease should account for 50% of the bearing clearance.